For the longest time, my wife has been telling me we need to have a class just for the babes at CrossFit COMO. And for equally as long, I have been against it. My justification was that we are all one team, we don’t need to segregate because of gender. Finally, one day, she planned an event called “COMO Babe WOD” without telling me and I found out about it through facebook. I was definitely surprised, but figured “Why not?”. I helped her and two of our female trainers plan the event and decided to be there to observe and help if needed.
The result? We had 33 ladies show up and they had an absolute blast! Majority of them non-members of the gym. It was a great bonding moment and
WOD & Wine / COMO Babe WOD
Similar to the Teamwork Tuesday bring a friend event, this is another event we had a lot of success with. Schedule every other month and invite for a WOD and Wine event on Friday or a Babe WOD on the weekend.
Why this works
Many times women are intimidated by CrossFit and don’t understand it. This provides a safe option to experience CrossFit with just women. If you have a female trainer, have her lead this group. If not, it’s not a huge deal, but make sure you have a trusted female member help you lead the group.
- Give a two to three week notice to current athletes through your private facebook group and direct email marketing program. Follow up 1 week out and 1 day out.
- This is a big event, so it should be anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours. The event should focus on education, a lot of fun, teamwork and a WOD that hits the core, legs but doesn’t destroy anyone. Wine afterwards for a chill out and discussion.
- Design the workout so that it’s easily teachable, but demonstrates the competency, passion and enthusiasm of your coaches. This is your opportunity to show the value on why people pay $100+ per month for your program.
- Each athlete should fill out a waiver and a “What are their fitness goals” card(this is used to get them back in the door at a later step).
- Give your coaches a plan to follow for the class. Have them welcome the person to the group, do a basic preview of what CrossFit is all about and most important, make it an experience they won’t forget.
- Follow up with them the next morning and input them into your sales and marketing funnel.
Download: BabeWOD Overview(doc)
Interested in more of these tools on how to attract new athletes? Check out TheBoxBusiness Academy.